PAGES

First Everythang

Tuesday, September 9, 2014
This weekend was full of firsts. Saturday we woke up, dressed Parker in her leotard and shiny leggings, and headed to her first gymnastics class! I had high hopes that were quickly smashed to pieces when she refused to participate for the first five minutes. Had I mentioned before that terrible twos are fun? She quickly warmed up to the balance beam and the next 40 minutes flew by. She's  by far the youngest in her class so she has a lot of catching up to do but a few more months of this and we'll probably see back flips. I had all intentions of getting some really great shots for her first class, however reality hit once I stepped foot through the gym doors. I couldn't keep my eyes or my hands off of her or else she might have broke something. Thanks to our personal paparazzi who snapped a few quick moments from Parker's first gymnastics class.



And because you're not a parent of a toddler until you talk about it, we also had our first successful potty incident! Never in my life would I think that I would get so excited about pee, but when Parker asked to sit on 'da potteh', and I heard a little tinkle, I almost lost my shit. I gave her praise up and down and made the biggest deal over it. Sadly, it hasn't happened since but anything is progress, right?

In other news, I have been eyeing a few big girl beds to transition Parker to when she shows signs that she's ready. I'm seriously struggling with if I should go with a bigger bed that she can use for a while or take a baby step to a smaller toddler bed. Any suggestions on what worked best for you is greatly appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design