PAGES

Our Weekend

Sunday, November 23, 2014
Matt had been traveling off and on for work the past couple of weeks and just returned from a trip on Saturday afternoon. Our daily schedule is totally thrown out of whack on days when he isn't here, but at the same time it provides some serious mama daughter bonding time.

Friday night we settled in and made ham and cheese paninis and snuggled in my bed watching Elf. Regardless of my 'plan' of Parker falling asleep watching movies in bed, I found myself drifting off while she played with remotes and sang songs. Before I completely zonked out, I decided to take her to her nursery and tuck her in for the night. She went down without a struggle. Parker and I have an unwritten rule that she gets the best nights sleep when Matt is out of town. 


The next morning we had a jam packed day full of gymnastics, lunch at my parents, naps and addressing holiday cards all before Matt's flight arrived at 330. We surprised him at the airport which is always one of my favorite things to do. Parker gave Matt a huge hug and didn't want to leave his arms. She had a mini melt down when he went to get his car from the parking lot so naturally we had to switch vehicles so he could drive her home due to her daddy withdrawal. 


Since my parents asked to have Parker stay over with them one night this weekend, we took advantage of it and used that night for a long overdue date night. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, sat in the bar area and enjoyed some appetizers and later on took on a steak bigger than Matt's head ;). I could only bear a few bites but the leftovers made for some amazing brunch material the next day. Don't worry, I made sure to save room for dessert. 

It's finally the week of Thanksgiving which means friends, family and pumpkin pie! I'm making my first ever pumpkin pie and decided to go with this pie crust recipe with this filling. My friend mentioned that she uses a recipe that calls for melted vanilla ice cream. It blew my mind. We also have a baby appointment this week, so we're looking forward to that. It's always fun hearing the heart beat and hopefully I'll get some ideas on how to kick these daily headaches. 


1 comment:

  1. let me know how your pie turns out! pumpkin is my total fav:))

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design