PAGES

Our Weekend

Sunday, August 3, 2014
Happy Monday, friends! As much as I try not to favor the weekends and appreciate each day as it comes, it's tough for me to not play favorites. 



Our weekend started off pretty low key with delivery and driveway art after work on Friday. On any given night, it's a safe bet that you can find Parker and I going crazy on the driveway with sidewalk chalk. My obsession outweighs hers at the moment but she is starting to show more interest in helping add finishing touches to everything I draw. A lot of the time, her 'helping' consists of throwing the chalk in water or playing keep away with it while Matt and I chase her. Her personal faves (for me) to draw are 'melllllon' (watermelon) and 'hars' (hearts).




Saturday morning, Matt took Parker out to breakfast (see photo above) while I ran errands. Later that night Matt and I snuck out of the house for a date night. We started off with cocktails and sushi at a new asian fusion restaurant, where I found myself in the same pose Parker was in hours before (with the minor difference that I chose a mojito in lieu of apple juice). Like mama like daughter. 


After stopping at one other spot for a drink, we eventually settled in for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Our night ended at a friends house singing Mickey Avalon and dancing on chairs. If that doesn't scream successful date night, I don't know what does.



Finally we woke up Sunday morning with headaches, sore throats and an extremely cute toddler yelling for us from her crib. We spent the day lazy, watching movies and listening to the rain fall. Somewhere along the way, Parker had the idea to play waitress. Using the back of pictures and crayons, she would mumble and scribble down our orders then look at us and ask 'french fries?' if we left it out. Heaven forbid.

You just keep growing up, Miss Parker. Mama will always be there two inches from your face snapping a million pictures per second making sure she's not missing any part of the process. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design