PAGES

One Plus One Plus One Plus One

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lately my mind has been consumed with what it will be like adjusting to a family of four (family of seven if you count the pups). My feelings about this transition are part panic and part excitement. Although, I know millions of other families have done it and survived, there's a small part of me that is worried about how exactly it's going to pan out. How am I going to be able to function during the day when I'm sure we'll have our share of sleepless nights. How am I going to be able to divide my attention between a newborn, toddler and hubby. How am I going to be able to stay in the moment and enjoy each second before it passes in what I'm sure will feel like a blink of an eye. Although it's hard to remember, this isn't the first time these thoughts have popped into my mind. When we were expecting Parker, I had the same reservations only they were a little bit more intense because I knew nothing about raising a child. Luckily, we figured things out as we went and it has been the most rewarding, turbulent, exciting and joyous two and a half years of my life. I can't imagine how things could get much better but I know if my hesitations dissipate into the best days of my life much as they have before, we're in for one sweet, sweet ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design